Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Order is Like This

I am speaking of order of importance.

Ryan

Samara - our sweet dog

Bamboo Plant (not really bamboo I know)

Cats - they might be higher on the list but they still hiss at me

Soooo sick and sad looking

So you can image my dismay when I came home from a weekend conference to find my bamboo plant on the verge of death.  I had left Ryan to care for it for two days and this is what I came back to??  I think I feel attached to this plant because it is the only house plant I have been very successful with.  This is only because it is hard to go wrong with it.  I just have to water it once a month or less and it lives a happy life adding green to the house.  When I got home from the conference it is the first thing that I noticed and I could not wait to ask Ryan what he had done to this plant that seemed indestructible.  Then I remembered.  I had watered it before I left.  This is the first time I have had to water it since we have been up here.  It must have been the water.  The leaves turned yellow (as happens when it get too much sun).  This happened to our other bamboo plant and I thought it was because I had put it in too sunny of an area.  Now I realize that it has only gotten healthier since it has been sitting next to the filtered water and I water it with what is left after I get a drink.  POINT IS our water attempted to kill our bamboo.  I am sure it will be fine once he is switched to filtered water - so high maintenance!!  Just makes you think that there is something not so healthy that we have in our well up here.
The little guy is showing hope that he will be okay.

2 comments:

  1. Where'd you go? Missing keeping up with you guys via this blog. I sent R some Craigslist posts for fainting goats.

    D

    ReplyDelete