Thursday, November 4, 2010

Aviary

There was an aviary by the pond.  I decided that I wanted it down.  Look at it.  There is no need for it to be up.  We are not going to contain any animals in it.  It is just there crowding area that could look nicer around the pond.



It seemed like a big task but one that would be very rewarding.  So I got my trusted crowbar and went to work. Everything was out to get me!  Huge spiders, poison oak, wire mesh cutting my hand and wanting to poke my eyes out, rusted nails...more dangerous than I thought.  After I got the wood structure down I noticed that there was a bottom to it.  If I had not been stomping all over this thing I would have been afraid that something was under it.  But I felt safe and pulled up the flooring.  YIKES.  Well much more than a yikes!  I turned into a bit of a sailor as this rat ran out and up my pant leg.  Now it was not far up just a foot or so but AHHHH!  Then it got caught up in the mesh aviary.  Long enough for me to grab my camera for proof. 


It was a big sucker.  But as I watched it trapped in the aviary I realized it is much different than the city rats I am use to seeing in SF. This guy was fuzzy and sweet looking.  Granted if I had a way to kill him he would be a goner.

See the tree that is on the top pictures.  It had fallen and was beyond my skill level.  Jeff took care of it.  Got out is chain saw and went to work.  Now we just have a neat pile of wood.

1 comment: